Whether you are an elite athlete or simply enjoy recreational sport and activity, we will fully assess your problem. From there your physiotherapist at Oakwood physiotherapy will devise a treatment programme to allow you to maximise your potential and facilitate your return to sport
Early diagnosis and treatment of any sports related injury, from strains to sprains, will help to minimise damage and achieve the best results.
Physiotherapy treatment will depend on your individual injury and current symptoms but may include:
- Pain management including anti-inflammatories and ICE
- Ultrasound to accelerate healing
- Gradual muscle stretching to regain pain free range of movement as soon as possible
- Soft tissue massage to relieve pain and stiffness
- Muscle strengthening exercises
- Aerobic exercises
- Functional retraining tailored to everyday activities and sport
- Advice on graded return to activity
- Preventing re-injury
Once the acute stage of the injury has been treated, a rehabilitation programme is essential to ensure the quickest recovery and return to sporting activity.
Whether your sport is soccer, hockey, basketball or golf, after you have properly healed, we ensure that you receive the appropriate exercises and drills to prevent a re-occurrence and enhance your performance so that you can return to your sport in top notch shape.